Hurunui Recovery - Earthquake/ Drought
Earthquake Recovery FAQs
- Q. I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed, what should I do?
- Q. I am worried about my neighbours, what should I do?
- Q. Are there things I can do to boost positive community spirit in my local area?
- Q. I am worried about the impact of the earthquakes on my children, what can I do?
Financial support and economic recovery
- The Business Recovery Grant Programme (BRGP) is intended to help businesses which may not receive assistance from the packages for tourism and primary producers. The BGRP is intended to assist those businesses most in need, helping them through from April 30 until State Highway One (SH1) reopens.
- Q. Can I get rates remission because I can no longer live in my home?
- Q. Can I get financial support from the government?
- Q. I own a business and we have been affected by the earthquakes and the aftermath – what support can I get?
Community facilities and infrastructure
- Q. Our local hall is now closed – what is going to happen to it?
- Q. How can I find out about what is happening with our roads?
- Q. What do I do with my earthquake related waste and is the Council reimbursing residents for the costs for disposing of earthquake waste at refuse stations?
- Q. Are there boil water notices in place still?
- Q. Where can I find information about the science behind the earthquake?
- Q. How can I find out about the landslip dams caused by the quakes?
- Q. Can I still use the river down-stream of a landslip dam?
- Q. I have a septic tank which I suspect maybe damaged from the earthquakes. Will the Council assess this for me?
Buildings and land
- Q. How long do I have to have the placards on my building?
- Q. My home is has a red placard, but I want to get my belongings from there. What should I do?
- Q. What will I need a building consent for and what can I do without a consent?
- Q. Where can I find information about how to rebuild?
- Q. I live on rural land and want to undertake some remedial work – do I need a resource consent?
- Q. I am worried about winter coming and my home not being fixed or ready – what should I do?
- Q. If I need temporary accommodation where can I find it?
- Q. How do I identify and handle asbestos?
- Q. What health and safety requirements do I need to consider?