Proposed Three Waters Services Bylaw & Policy and Proposed Backflow Prevention Policy
Please come along to one of our drop-in sessions and we can explain the proposed rules to you. The rules are particularly relevant for cafes, restaurants and businesses that discharge to the wastewater network:
- Amberley - Monday 27 August, 4-7pm at the St John Hall, 76 Carters Road, Amberley.
- Waikari - Wednesday 29 August, 6.30-8.30pm at Waikari Hall, Princes Street, Waikari.
- Cheviot - Tuesday 11 September, 4-7pm at the Cheviot Library, 39 Hall Street, Cheviot.
- Hanmer Springs - Thursday 13 September, 3-6pm, Hanmer Springs Memorial Hall, Conical Hill Road, Hanmer Springs.
The Council is currently reviewing the Water Supply Bylaw 2014 and the Wastewater Network Bylaw 2014. We are proposing to manage the Three Waters services under one bylaw that manages:
- The Water Supply Network (On Demand and Restricted)
- The Stormwater Network and Land Drainage
- The Wastewater Network
- Trade Waste.
The Council is also proposing to manage the risk of backflow to the water supply under a policy.
Why have a Three Waters Services Bylaw & Policy?
The aim of the Three Waters Services Bylaw is to manage the Three Waters services comprehensively, so that the Council can provide a good service to all consumers. The Proposed Three Waters Services Policy accompanies the bylaw and provides additional information and guidance on how the Council intends to manage these networks.
Why have a Backflow Prevention Policy?
The Council has a responsibility to provide safe drinking water, and to manage the risk of backflow to the drinking water supply. The policy has been developed to manage this risk, and it has been developed in consultation with the Canterbury District Health Board.
These documents provide easy-to-read guidance on the relevant topics:
- Consultation Guidance on Water Supply (Restricted)
- Consultation Guidance on Water Supply (On Demand)
- Consultation Guidance on Water Supply – How to Connect to the Water Supply
- Consultation Guidance on Backflow Prevention
- Consultation Guidance on Stormwater
- Consultation Guidance on Wastewater
- Consultation Guidance on Trade Waste
- Consultation Guidance on Swimming Pools and Spas
Proposed Three Waters Services Bylaw & Policy:
- Statement of Proposal
- Summary of Information
- Proposed Three Waters Services Bylaw
- Proposed Three Waters Services Policy
Proposed Backflow Prevention Policy
Make a submission
You can make a submission in writing by downloading and completing the submission form (Three Waters Bylaw & Policy Submission Form and Backflow Prevention Policy Submission Form). Make sure you save a copy before filling the form in!
Submissions can be made to Hurunui District Council by:
- Delivery to 66 Carters Road, Amberley
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to PO Box 13, Amberley, 7441
Submissions close at 5pm on Monday 1 October 2018.
For further information please contact:
- David Perry – Three Waters Asset Engineer on 03 314 0036 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Stephanie Chin – Policy Planner on 03 314 0080 or email@example.com.
We are happy to meet with you to talk through how the proposed rules may affect you.