Bridge renewal and repair works 2010/2012
As part of the Hurunui District Council's on-going Bridging Renewal and Repair program, works on the following bridging structures have been programmed to take place between now and October 2011.
The works will be carried out by Calcon Construction Ltd.
Works at the following bridges that will require road closures for up to 4 days:
- H126 Manuka Creek Bridge – Fraser Road (10km east of Greta Valley)
- C29 Gore Bay 1 Bridge – Cathedral Road (South End of Gore Bay Township)
- H48 Thompsons Bridge – Glenmark Drive (10km north of Waipara)
- H78 Tommy’s Creek Bridge – Heathstock Road (15km southwest of Hawarden)
- H81 Gola Peaks Bridge – Virginia Road (25km west of Hawarden)
- H53 Coops Bridge – Parkview Road (5km northwest of Waikari)
- A31 Lyndon Bridge – Lyndon Road (3km northwest of Waiau).
Delays can be expected at the following bridges during the works period (up to ½ an hour at a time):
- A21 Rogersons Bridge – Woodbank Road (1km south of Hanmer Springs)
- H50 Williams Bridge – Glenmark Drive (8km north of Waipara)
- H77 Pawseys Bridge – Virginia road (14km west of Hawarden)
- H128 Okuku Pass Bridge – Okuku Pass Road (18km west of Amberley)
- C31 Cheviot Hills Bridge – Cheviot Hills , Domain Road (2km south of Cheviot).
Delays are not expected to occur at the following bridges whilst work is being carried out:
- A58 Culvert 2354.00-4170 – Inland Kaikoura Rd (2.4km North of Conway River Bridge)
- C27 Humpback Bridge – Gore Bay Road (4km from Cheviot Township)
- C34 MacMillan No. 1 Bridge – MacMillan Road (6km north of Cheviot)
- H55 Forresters Bridge – Mt Alexander Road (10km east of Hawarden)
- H80 Black Hut Bridge – Lake Sumner Road (12km northwest of Hawarden)
- H90 Seaward Bridge – Lake Sumner Road (25km northwest of Hawarden)
Council officers will be holding tailgate meetings with local owners and affected road users in the near future and would welcome feedback regarding access requirements, closure dates, etc.
Please be assured that every effort is being made and will be made to minimise the construction period and the disruptions that are likely to affect road users.
Also we would like to take this opportunity to apologise in advance for any inconvenience road users may encounter whilst these vital works are being carried out.
Please direct any queries to Bryan McManus, Roading Department, Hurunui District Council phone: (03) 3140023.