Amberley Pool 2018/19 Summer Season
The Amberley Swimming pool is currently Closed and will reopen for the 18/19 season on Saturday 17 November 2018. The swimming season will end on Sunday10 March 2019.
- Weekdays: 3:00pm - 5:30pm
- Weekends and school holidays: 12:30pm - 5:30pm
- Closed public holidays
Please note the following.
- For safety reasons, children under 8 years of age must be accompanied and actively supervised by an adult at all times.
- The instructions of the pool staff must be followed at all times.
- Learn to swim lessons will be announced once staffing is confirmed.
Heading north on the main highway, turn left at the BLUE DAIRY into Douglas Road.
The Amberley swimming pool is an aged facility expected to reach the end of its useful life before 2020. Consultants have been engaged to provide advice, and the Amberely community have been involved in looking at options and fundraising. No decisions have been made at this stage but that has not stopped work going on to determine a way forward.
In 2008 we engaged to provide specialist to advise us on options for the future regarding a heated pool. This resulted in the Amberley Swimming Pool Facility Report
- March 2011, a swimming pool working group was formed to progress this further. The Feasibility Group findings and recommendations report is available here
- April 2012, the Council received a report on the condition of the Amberley Swimming Pool with comment on its life expectancy and compliance and consider options for its future In 2013 a fund raising group was formed called SAVE OUR POOL - Amberley Community Pool Society Inc. to fundraise money for an improved local community pool. To find out more, go to http://saveourpool.org.nz/