Hurunui District Council - Waste and Recycling
The council provides a range of waste and recycling services including refuse and recycling collections, transfer stations, recycling banks and a schools and community group education programme.
Further information on waste and recycling in Hurunui is available using the quick links below.
- Transfer Stations.
- General Information.
- Update by Individual Township.
- Refuse and Recycling Collection Days.
- Recycling Collections - Guidelines.
- Refuse Collection - Guidelines.
- Rural Refuse and Recycling Collections.
- Locations and Opening Times.
- Recycling outside of Transfer Station Opening Hours.
- Transfer Station Recycling.
- Green Waste Recycling.
- Household Cleanfill - Amberley Transfer Station only.
- E-waste Recycling.
- What cannot be accepted as Waste or Recycling at the Transfer Stations?
- Transfer Station - Fees and Charges
- Where does Recycling from Hurunui go?
- Recycling Damaged, Expired and Unwanted Car Seats.
- Agrecovery Agricultural Recycling.
- Plasback Agricultural Recycling.
- Bokashi Composting - Council Discounted Offer.
- Pet Waste Composting - Council Discounted Offer.
- Amberley Lions - Recycling for KanTab.
- Events Recycling.
- Love Food Hate Waste NZ
- Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (2012).
- Kate Valley Landfill.
Waste and Recycling Tonnages
The waste and recycling tonnages in Hurunui for the last four rating years are provided below.
|Transfer Station Recycling||288.866||388.92||434.42||461.59|
|Other Recycling (see below)||11.563||11.0125||14.463||138.95|
|Waste to Kate Valley||2832.92||3042.10||3556.42||3484.16|
Note: Other recycling - e.g. car batteries, children's car seats, clothing, e-waste, engine oil, paint etc.
The increase in waste is due to council accepting commercial waste at Amberley transfer station and increased volumes since the 2016 earthquake.