What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths in good shape for now and the future.
- Township Footpath review of overhanging vegetation
- Upcoming road repairs - Hanmer Springs
- Application for temporary closure of Hawkswood Road
- Tophouse Road Closed
- Township spraying
What's happening this Month:
We have a large program planned for October, value almost double of a ‘typical quiet month’
- Finishing off storm damaged roads, providing a smoother surface, especially in the northernmost areas of Hurunui District.
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program. Grading Schedule
- Flashing school lights install on Mt Brown Road for Broomfield School
- Speed hump and change line markings on Tenterden Street, Hawarden
2017 / 18 Metalling Program
- 2-3 crushing units preparing metal across 5 sites for stock piles.
- Metal being applied to some roads in the Kaiwara, Lower Mason, Cloudy Range, Scargill area, Medbury areas
- Pre-reseal repairs around Culverden and Hanmer.
- Check out our “interactive map” to see which roads are being resealed this season.
- Kerb repairs and replacement of short sections where needed
Earthquake Response (EQ)
- Asphalt ramps over dropped bridge approaches, mostly on the eastern side of the network.
- Three new brush willow walls being installed in EQ damaged areas, two on Leader Road West and one on Mt Cass Road
- Continuing deep investigations (digging material away from supporting structures) on EQ damaged bridges
Slips and Floods
- Continuing to clear culverts that were blocked by debris / mud from recent heavy downpours.
- Continuing to remove trees from near bridges, when we have appropriately sized diggers in the area
- River training for Medbury Road bridge at SH7 end
- River training for Tophouse Road, very badly damaged in recent storms
- Bridge abutment strengthening for Ferniehurst bridge (gabion baskets)
- Balmoral Station bridges x 2 will get running boards after deck repairs, planned for November
- Badly damaged sections of Top Pahau Road, School Road and Long Plantation Road will be reconstructed over October and November.
- There will be two stabilising mills working on our network during October.
- Lots of culvert repairs and replacements planned for October and November.
- Mowing of roadsides will be completed shortly (started in September)
- Spraying of Noxious weeds on roadsides almost complete
- Routine sign cleaning and replacements
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.