What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths in good shape for now and the future.
- Map of roads with scheduled maintenance
- Road Conditions
- Township Footpath review of overhanging vegetation
- Township spraying
- Proposed temporary road closures
- Grading Schedule
- Plan your Journey - SH1 between Christchurch and Picton
- Roadside spraying
What's happening this Month: July 2018
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program. Grading Schedule
- The graders are working in Cheviot and Amuri areas.
- Maintenance metalling is being carried out on Nape Nape Road.
- Contractor owned stockpiles are also being established, with two crushing sites operating at a time.
- Please refer to the “interactive map for roads included in this financial year. The map will be updated with more roads to be added, as only 50% of the program is currently identified.
- Storm damaged roads that require replacement metal are in a separate category than those identified above.
Pre-Reseal & Resealing Program
- Check out our “interactive map” to see which roads are being resealed this season.
- Sealing of patches (stabilisations etc.) is occurring at least once a week.
- Waikari Valley Road and Glenmark Drive - Pre-reseal Drainage.
Winter Ice inspection /Gritting
- Network Inspection - Amuri Basin
- Network Inspection - Cheviot/Hunderlees Area
- Network Inspection - South Hurunui
- Network Inspection - Hanmer Springs
Works related to EX Cyclone Gita
- Motunau Beach Road - Gabion Basket site to repair partial drop off on side of road.
- Conway Flat Seawall Photos of the repair works.
- Lyndon bridge (2) damaged hand rails. This bridge is scheduled for replacement and is at the design stage awaiting approval.
- Routine sign cleaning and replacements.
- Full Network Mow/Spray is underway.
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.